FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE--
The West Maui Taxpayers Association is pleased to announce "Candidates Night 2014”.
See pertinent information below.
It is an honor and privilege for the West Maui Taxpayers Association (WMTA) to invite voters in West Maui to participate in the WMTA 2014 Candidates Night. The 2014 WMTA Candidates Night is on Friday, October 24, 2014, at the Lahaina Civic Center beginning at 5:00 PM with Registration & dinner service by local businesses and restaurants.
West Maui is a unique and vibrant community that provides employment opportunities and generates significant tax revenues for all levels of government. WMTA is also unique in that our mission is to promote efficient use of the taxes generated locally to invest in the infrastructure, services and amenities that help ensure that West Maui remains one of the best places to live, work and visit in the world.
The WMTA Candidates Night is the only forum of its kind in West Maui, and WMTA has been providing this forum for over 30 years. The tradition for the WMTA Candidates Night is to invite all Federal, State and County candidates appearing on the West Maui ballot to give West Maui voters an opportunity see the candidates up close and personal, while building awareness of West Maui issues. For those offices with both candidates attending, there will be an opportunity for each candidate to give an introductory statement followed by a question or two presented in a debate format. If only one candidate is present, or the office is not contested, the candidate will have an opportunity to introduce themselves to the voters with a short statement. This event will be broadcast live on Akaku Community TV, and recorded for re-broadcast as well.
As of this Press Release (10/7) we have the following confirmed:
· U.S. Senator: KOKOSKI, Michael (L)
· U.S. Representative, Dist II: KENT, Joe (L)
· Gubernatorial: AIONA, Duke (R); HANNEMANN, Mufi (I)
· State Senator, Dist 6: BAKER, Roz (D); DUBOIS, Jared P.(R), KAAHUI, Bronson Kekahuna (L)
· State Representative, Dist 10: McKELVEY, Angus L. (D)
· Mayor: ARAKAWA, Alan M.; PALTIN, Tamara
· County Council: West Maui - BUENCONSEJO, Ka'ala; COCHRAN, Elle. East Maui - CARROLL, Bob; NIKHILANANDA, Nick. Wailuku-Wahiee-Waikapu - BLACKBURN, Joseph G., II; VICTORINO, Michael. South Maui - COUCH, Don; FITZPATRICK, John M. Makawao-Haiku-Paia - MOLINA, Mike. Upcountry - BAISA, Gladys Coelho. Kahului- GUZMAN, Don S.
Click here for related posts, including updates to RSVP list
12/31/2020 08:50:16 pm
Loved readinng this thank you
Leave a Reply.
If you wish to further discuss blog posts, please contat our office directly or contact us via Contact page.