- 2012 - Obtained a $500,000 Grant for developing the West Maui Skate Park officially opens - thanks to matching funds from County of Maui, WMTA board member Pam English was the Grant Writer who had the full support of the WMTA and WMIF in this process including lobbying and letters of support and additional fundraising, "Donovan McNab of Lahaina Skate Company, WMTA and other individuals and organizations.
- $90,000 County grant to beautify Pohaku Park (S-Turn) in Kahana.
- Lobbied for $250,000 in capital improvements to light, fence & resurface the basketball park at the Lahaina Youth Center
- Lobbied County Administration to create development and ongoing operations for the Lahaina Aquatic Center.
- Lobbied for creation and completion of Napili Park
- March, 2014: Successfully lobbied the State Department of Transportation to change the speed limit from 35 MPH, to 45 MPH the Lahaina Bypass. The DOT agreed and has revised the speed limit to 45 MPH on the section of the Bypass between Lahainaluna and Hokikio. The rest of the Bypass will be at 30 and 35 MPH with the exception of the entry and exit portions which will remain at 20 and 25 MPH.
- Lobbied for the Approval of the necessary entitlements for land use and zoning for the West Maui Improvement Foundation's Certificate of Need assistance with Newport Hospital Corp. resulting in successful receipt of the Certificate of Need or CON for the West Maui Hospital.
- Lobbied for approval of the Ma'alaea Emergency Assistance Vehicle as a necessary added resource for West Maui mitigating the fact that often both Ambulances on West Maui are out of area and unavailable to respond accordingly.
- Only Community to Privately Raise Monies to build sorely needed fire and ambulance station in Napili in 1992, when the County of Maui was ready and able to budget ongoing operations. (see image below)
More About Us: Board of Directors | Goals & Objectives | Accomplishments | WMTA vs WMIF